Manuel Lopez Vazquez, MD
- Fellowship in Geriatric Medicine and Infectious Diseases - University of Texas Health Science Center
- Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine - University of Texas Health Science Center
- Medical School - Universidad Anahuac School of Medicine
About the Providere
Dr. Lopez Vazquez is board certified in Internal Medicine, Infectious Diseases and Geriatric Medicine. He is equipped to comprehensively treat adult and geriatric patients. He believes in patient centered treatment and has a special interest in treating geriatric syndromes.
"I chose Geriatrics and Infectious Diseases because it allows me to treat the patient as a whole and consider multiple factors involved in the disease process"
Dr. Lopez Vazquez was born in Mexico City and used to be a member of Mexico's National Tae Kwon Do Team before going to Medical School. He also enjoys teaching academics, travel, watching sports and culture and art.
Languages: English and Spanish
- Infectious diseases, resistant bacteria
- Tuberculosis treatment
- Tick-borne infections and Lyme disease
- Bone and joint infections
- Adult Immunizations
- Uncommon and difficult to diagnose infections
- Hepatitis; Hepatitis B & C treatment
- HIV treatment
- Alfredo Sardinas, MD, Manuel Lopez Vazquez, MD,. (2012). WHEN YOU HAVE ELIMINATED THE IMPOSSIBLE.... Poster presented at: STACP meeting; Lubbock, TX.
- Manuel Lopez MD (Associate), Natraj Shanmugam MD (Associate), James Hanley MD FACP, Nabeel Sarhill MD. (2012). LEVAMISOLE: Cocaine’s Deadly Secret.. Poster presented at: ACP Internal Medicine 2012 National Meeting;; New Orleans, LA.
- Manuel Lopez MD, Natraj Shanmugam MD, James Hanley MD, Nabeel Sarhill MD. (2012). LEVAMISOLE: Cocaine’s Deadly Secret.. Poster presented at: Society of Hospital Medicine National Meeting; San Diego, CA.
- Manuel Lopez MD James Hanley III MD. (2013). Using Facilitated check-in rounds to identify and teach about diagnostic errors andasses resource utilization. Poster presented at: Society of Hospital Medicine National Meeting; National Harbor, MD.
- Manuel Lopez MD James Hanley III MD. (2013). Unsteady Gait and Weakness-A tropical threat. Poster presented at: Society of Hospital Medicine National Meeting; National Harbor, MD.
- Manuel Lopez MD(ACP Associate) James Hanley III MD (FACP). (2013). Using Facilitated check-in rounds to identify and teach about diagnostic errors and asses resource utilization. Poster presented at: ACP National Meeting 2013; San Francisco, CA.
- Alexander Clark Bullen MD, Manuel Lopez MD (2014) Can we teach Internal Medicine Residents to Recognize and Reduce Diagnostic errors using structured De‐biasing Methods and Mindfulness? Poster presented: Innovations in Health Science Education Annual Conference Austin Texas
- Lopez M.D., Y. Hagiwara M.D., S. Oakes M.D., D. Villareal M.D (2014) A novel structured approach to recognize and reduce Diagnostic errors in residents in an University affiliated ACE unit Poster presented at : AGS National Meeting 2014 Orlando Florida